Thursday, October 2, 2008

Circling the Wagons

Howard Kurtz, a Washington Post writer comes to Gwen Ifill's defense, writing:

Ifill's forthcoming book, "The Breakthrough: Politics and Race in the Age of Obama," was mentioned in a Sept. 4 Washington Post article. WorldNetDaily.com, in criticism that was picked up by the Drudge Report and Rush Limbaugh, questioned whether the book would be "pro-Obama" and undermine her fairness as moderator.

"The book has been out there and discussed for months," PBS spokeswoman Anne Bell said. "It's a non-issue."

I sent Howard Kurtz the following e-mail.

So let me see, I like most Americans have been completely unaware of Ifill's book. I only learned of it recently (on Wednesday to be exact). I am guessing that most American who know of Ifill's book are in the same category as me (i.e., they have only recently learned of the book).

Yet since, you can a find a few past public mentions of the book, I and other Americans who are bothered by Ifill's behavior, have to accept it as a non-issue because we did not complain when it was first made public, even though we were unaware it was made public.

Your logic is convoluted.

I know you journalist do not like being called unethical, but I can see no other reason for why you would offer such a convoluted defense for Gwen Ifill's behavior except you are part of the vast media propaganda wing of the Democratic party.

If you do not like being called unethical. Stop acting unethically.

Let us question Ifill's behavior for what it is. If she has a defense, let her offer it, but stop telling us that we have to accept her behavior because our statue of limitations for complaining has passed.

You owe the American people an apology for trying to suppress their right to a free open debate.

I probably will not get a response, but if I do, I will post it.