- American wealth has been lost.
- Additional wealth remains at risk.
- Through taxes, laws and regulations the government can affect the value of wealth.
- America is in the middle of an election.
- It seems probable that the Democratic Party will come out of the election with unchecked political control.
- The Democratic party believes that economic restrictive laws and regulations, and some high taxes benefit society.
- Taxes, laws and regulations that the Democratic party prefer reduce the value of wealth.
- The Republican party believes in cutting taxes, and easing the economic burden of restrictive laws and regulations.
- Cutting taxes, and easing the economic burden of restrictive laws and regulations increase the value of wealth.
- Just because something is probable does not mean that it is a foregone conclusion.
- People respond to their own self interest.
Monday, October 13, 2008
I have seen numerous articles (here, here, etc.) bemoaning the perceived fear and hysteria in the American people. In defense of the American people, their actions have been a rational response to the known facts. The known facts are: