Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Virginia borders Pennsylvania?

http://www.thenextright.com/soren-dayton/is-obama-abandoning-virginia

I just got an email from Barack Obama's campaign urging me to drive to Pennsylvania. The thing is... I live in Virginia. Virginia is supposed to be a swing state. They would rather have me knock on doors in Pennsylvania than Virginia? That sounds like they are abandoning Virginia.

Here's the email:

... you live right next door to a state that is once again shaping up to be a crucial general election battleground -- Pennsylvania....

Considering that Virginia does not border Pennsylvania, at least not on any map I can find, the e-mail may be more of a snafu (i.e., the e-mail was intended for someone living in Maryland or West Virginia) rather than a strategic choice by the Obama campaign to abandon Virginia.

via Glenn Reynolds